Lisa Michelle Geisinger
Chantilly, VA 20152
(703) 327-1956 * (571) 212-3110 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Finance Administrator with 20 years of progressive managerial and analyst experience in the Education and Banking industries. Experience includes knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations. Provide project management teambuilding, problem solving and customer service to staff. Eligible to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE * Chantilly, VA
A leading private postsecondary education provider offering career-focused programs of study in 130 schools in 38 states.
Director of Finance October 2014- September 2016
- Promoted to Director of Finance, October 2014. Directly supervise 9 employees.
- Recruit, interview, and recommend candidates for finance department positions. Manager of three Financial Aid employees.
- Manage wide facet of student enrollment reports (financial aid, admin services and class roster), provide training as appropriate.
- Manage Accounts Receivables and also collection agency reports if necessary.
- Responsible with assisting the Campus director in preparing forecast, budget as well as reporting “deficiencies and exceptions to policy” reports.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with school, students, and HQ.
- Work closely with Veterans Affairs office to receive veteran benefits for current active students
- Responsible for daily bank deposits and the posting of funds from Headquarters to include adjustments to accounts
Financial Aid Coordinator & Bookstore Supervisor April 2003 – October 2014
- Provided a positive impact on financial aid application processing, disbursements and default activities (collection on delinquent accounts, etc.)
- Entrance and exit interviews with students
- Advised and provided tuition repayment schedule calculations
- Advised and counseled students on alternative loan programs
- Analyzed financial packages for proper certification
- Effectively communicate with outside agencies regarding students' eligibility for assistance
- Campus Bookstore supervisor; provided inventory quality control, ordering, credit memos, invoicing and shipments between vendors and other campuses
- Prioritized emerging adhoc issues, objectives and deadlines
- Completed and analyzed daily and monthly financial accounting reports to Director of Finance and District Manager
- Provided assistance, when short staffed, with other campus departments in back-up for Front Desk, Registrar, Academics, and Career Services
Page 2 Lisa Geisinger
Servus Financial Corporation, (Division of Wells Fargo) * Sterling, VA
Servus Financial Corporation, a privately held company, provides proprietary and private label loan programs.
Senior Loan Portfolio Analyst 1998 - 2003
- Responsible for daily funding of loan disbursements ($1.7M) to include verification and transmittal of daily check register summaries, EFT, and disbursement reports.
- Reconciled disbursements and cancellations between the origination system, servicing system and lending banks’ General Ledger.
- Processed refunds for cancellation and re-issue reimbursement logs through daily wires and ACH transfers to client banks.
- Worked with Trust department to compile measurement test and replacement loans for Fee Revenue Notes, processed cancelled loans on originations systems, monthly loan sale for client banks, and disbursed check copy request.
- Other duties included Researched disbursed checks for reject and exception payments from Lockbox accounts.
Adjustment Coordinator – Loan servicing department 1996-1998
- Adjusted all areas of accounts for borrowers, internal departments and outside agencies to include separation date changes, aged charge removal, due date changes, small balance write-offs, credit balances, forbearance requests, reapplication of monies, collection fee assessment/removal, judgments/stipulated order, bankruptcies and the cancellation/disbursement of loans.
- Ran daily reconciliation reports.
- Created monthly chart to track workflow.
- Responsible for recording minutes of conference call with client banks.
- Member of the SEC quality Action Team.
---EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS---
VASFAA; Virginia Association Student Financial Aid Administrators
Accredited Veteran Administration Certifying Official
Giessen American High School, Giessen, Germany
--- PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT---
Teacher’s Aide assistant, Hutchison Elementary School * 2010 – 2015