Cherrie A. Malden
6920 Westmoreland Road Justme38179@gmail.com
Falls Church, VA 22042 703-297-5324
Extensive experience in communication, management, and general office skills. Has very strong administrative, verbal and written skills. Results driven and strong ability to grasp and utilize new information quickly. The ability to maintain accuracy and preform under pressure during peak volumes of work in a dynamically changing environment. Mission focused team player that will contribute to the overall success of the business. My objective is to grow in the Human Resource area utilizing my excellent organizational and technical skills to enhance HR operations and procedures.
· HR and Recruiting Operations
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge in Microsoft Power Point Project coordination
· Meeting and Event planning
· Executive Administrative support
· Ability to coordinate work assignments independently and collaboratively
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn new material in a fast and proficient manner
SRA International, Inc., Fairfax, VA, May 2005 to Current
Recruiting Administrator, Human Resources
· Provide administrative assistance for Recruiting leadership team- Concur expenses, meeting prep, and event support as needed.
· Provided sourcing support to recruiters for urgent position fills.
· Handle all recruiter and contractor requests for mobile phones, computer equipment and office supplies.
· Responsible for new recruiter and contractor onboarding activity; setting new contractors up in the system to have SRA outlook email account, Secure ID token and have access to systems.
· Process internal transfers and enter them into our HRIS system (Workday)
· Administering purchase orders and contracts.
· Onboarding of contractors; administered contracts to bring on contractors and processed time cards for contractor payment.
· Assisted over 1000+ new hires with all of their onboarding requirements each fiscal year
· Generate reports such as the Offer and Dailies report, Requisition Matrix, New Employee Report, and Tentative Start Date Report.
· Provide Applicant Tracking System (ATS) support- Troubleshoot on issues between Workday (HRIS system) and Brassring (ATS).
HR Coordinator, Human Resources
· Responsible for creating and extending all offer letters to internal and external candidates. Also responsible for processing all accepted offers, this includes checking paperwork, verifying degrees, submitting necessary forms to security, and initiating the Commercial background check process while maintaining accurate records. Creating and sent degree waivers and background check waivers when needed.
· Setting and processing start dates ensuring that all contingencies have been lifted and all paperwork has been returned. Responsible for preparing employee files and interacting with the HR Operations team. Also responsible for sending necessary information to new hires and managers to communicate important position details and closing out all hired employees.
· Provide support for new hires when on-boarding and is the main point of contact for the Start Date process.
· Prepare, package, and ship recruiting materials for special recruiting events such as college fairs, career fairs and Wounded Warrior functions.
· Assisted in incumbent captures and acquisitions. Available for mass compiling of offer letters and new hire paperwork. Maintained detail-oriented and accurate records while remaining confidential and sensitive.
· Responsible for new recruiter and contractor onboarding activity; ordering Office supplies, Mobile phones and computer equipment for new recruiters, setting new contractors up in the system to have SRA outlook accounts and Secure ID’s. Also keeping current contractors connected every 6 months.
Executive Assistant, Capability Centers
· Executive-level administrative support to the Vice President of the Capability Center and his Direct Reports.
· Management of schedules and calendars to include catering and meeting facilitation.
· Facilitate travel arrangements, both domestic and international.
· Create, prepare, assemble and distribute the Capability Center Planning PowerPoint presentation for the Capability Centers Monthly Planning Session.
· Maintain organizational charts and employee database. Prepare and distribute general and confidential correspondence, expense reports, and sensitive documentation.
· Field phone calls and incoming mail to determine priority and action or response. Establish and maintain private and professional files. Interact internally and externally with executive-level management on a regular basis. Other general office support as requested.
· Responsible for new employee processing & department orientation.
· Ordering computer and technical equipment for local and off-site employees; and office supply maintenance.
· Graphics support by designing, creating, editing and finalizing various projects in MS PowerPoint and MS Publisher. Documents created include but are not limited to: brochures, presentations, name badges and table tents for various meeting both on and off site.
Senior Help Desk Specialist, NPDB-HIPDB Contract in Health
· Responsible for providing telephone support to end-user community on hardware, software, and network related problems, questions, and use.
· Provide complete, accurate, and immediate answers to questions from customers regarding a variety of procedural, regulatory, and technical questions about the Data Bank developed thorough knowledge of policies and procedures defined in guidebook.
· Provides first-level problem resolution on the telephone with users; and walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem; classifies level, priority, and nature of problem. If not able to diagnose problem and-or problem requires physical interaction with end user; dispatches technical support specialists from appropriate team.
· Opens, tracks, and closes trouble tickets; ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction; tracks activities of technical support specialists to whom tickets were assigned.
· Trained and certified in automated help desk management systems.
Fairfield Resorts INC., Nashville, TN, 2000 to 2005.
Guest Services Manager
· Provide administrative support to the Property Manager of Fairfield Resorts and her direct supports.
· Responsibilities included meeting and event arrangements and planning; catering arrangements.
· Ordering computer and technical equipment for local employees; and office supply maintenance.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating monthly reports.
· Hired, trained and managed the Front Check-in Desk, the VIP Check-in Desk and the Telephone operator’s staff. Maintaining quality hospitality to each individual guest and making sure that each employee is doing the same.
· Handling and calming down irate guests to be able to meet their needs and make their stay as enjoyable as possible.
· Helped maintain the Five Star Resort status all five years of service.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
· High School Graduate ~ Falls Church High School ~ 1994 - 1998