Medical Records Clerk
Amelia D. Kupchyk
South Riding, VA 20152
To obtain a challenging position in a growth oriented company that will utilize and develop my skills. My greatest strengths are attention to detail, teamwork, and dedication.
Call Center Supervisor 07/2015 – Present, Greater Prince William Community Health Center –Woodbridge,VA
- Call center supervisor in a multi-practice medical center. Duties include: supervising customer service reps, staff development and training.
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly reporting for senior management.
- Working closely with the IT team and programming and troubleshooting the phone system.
- Develop the centers phone greeting system with the operation team according to best practices.
- Creating system and assigning log-in for all staff using Mxie system.
- Handling confidential medical information, setting appointments for four medical practices: Medical, Dental, OB/GYN and Behavioral Health
- Providing quality development for improving the patient experience and increasing patient enrollment.
- Training new call center representatives on the four practices protocols and procedures.
- Acting as an office manager when needed.
- Working closely with the Operation director and the team on problem solving and improving quality, and HR on hiring new reps.
Care Coordinator 2/2014 – 07/2015 Greater Prince William Community Health Center - Woodbridge, VA
- Initiate Patient health care plans, identified in their individualized care, including primary, dental, behavioral and prenatal health care. Using EclinicalWorks data entry.
- Coordinate specialty referrals and monitor care for diabetes patient.
- Cross‐trained in Medicaid and Insurance Marketplace eligibility and ability to educate patients and other funding sources for care.
Certified Application Counselor (CAC)
- Assisting individuals enroll in Health Care Reform (QHPs) and Medicaid.
- Providing education about insurance affordability programs and coverage options.
- Coordinating and promoting community events as a liaison outreach, materials including participating at health fair event as well doing outreach with special target populations for their medical needs.
- Target population working with different organizations for the homeless patients, managing the free clinic services for the homeless.
- Going to meeting how to improve homeless services in the community
- Educate the public regarding community health resources.
Medical Administrator 7/2013 – 2/2014 Medics USA – Purcellville, VA
- Medical Administration in a fast-paced, high volume primary and urgent care center
- All Scripts and EMR electronic health records systems
- Scheduling appointments, updating and organizing medical records
- Request referrals
- ZocDoc appointments
- Working directly with doctors and nurses on a daily basis to provide superior patient care & support
Patient Care Coordinator (PCC)/Medical Admin 4/2010 - 7/2013 HealthWorks for Northern Virginia - Leesburg, VA
- Patient advocate, proactively addressing patient needs and troubleshooting patient concerns
- Used EclinicalWorks software system; Served as primary liaison with outside providers to clinical staff
- Accessed the Inova hospital portal for medical records search and Radiology Imaging Associates (RIA) for imaging results (i.e., X-rays, MRIs, ultrasound)
- Utilized online database for searching children’s vaccine records
- Coordinated transportation for low income & elderly patients to visit medical facilities (Medicaid, Loudoun Co.)
- Independent research for patients’ consultation discounts and additional cost-savings
- Processed patient prior authorization requests through insurance providers (e.g., TRICARE)
- Scheduled patient appointments in coordination with provider and nurse
- Scheduled and tracked specialty referrals, imaging and provider ordered community resource referrals
- Provided medical administrative services daily in a high-traffic medical center.
- Worked with doctors and nurses to ensure patients receive the best care possible.
Dental Assistant 11/2010 - 4/2011 Tooth Fairy Family & Cosmetic Dentistry - South Riding, VA
- Provided full range dental assistant services - worked side by side with a dentist / hygienist.
- Used Dentrix system, Admin duties; Contacted insurance companies for benefits breakdown
- Sterilized the equipment and prepped/cleaned each room
- Scheduled and confirmed patients’ appointments
Payroll Clerk 5/2006 – 7/2010 Lorton Stone, LLC - Springfield, VA
- ADP and Timberline systems to process payroll for entire company. Ran a certified payroll.
- Entered employee hours, verified hours between Journal Reports and Master Timesheets
- Weekly reports including INS expiration report, and job quick setup report.
- Maintained employee files, transmitted apprenticeship information to general contractors
- Coordinated training classes for all employees
- Processed employment verifications, E-verify and Intelius background checks.
Payroll Administrator 01/2004 – 3/2006 Access Worldwide - Arlington, VA
- Used APD to collect data and process payroll for all company hourly employees.
- Ensured computing, withholding, and deductions associated with net pay were correct.
- Organized and reviewed State & Federal tax forms such as W-2s; Processed garnishments
- Coordinated paycheck distribution and set-up employees’ direct deposit
- HR support (i.e., processed COBRA insurance, assisted Recruiting department)
- Attention to detail & Multi-tasking; Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and resolve employee payroll issues; excellent communication, organizational and clerical skills.
Quality & Development Associate 07/1997 – 02/2000 Access Worldwide - Arlington, VA
- Data entry & monitored sales calls to ensure accurate presentations and consistent sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, provided feedback to maximize clients’ sales and profits.
Wireless Technical Specialist (Customer Service) 03/2000 - 02/2002 Sprint PCS - Herndon, VA
- Provided world class customer service: helped customers with billing questions and services
- Troubleshooting data connectivity issues for existing and new wireless web products.
EDUCATION: Wakefield High School – Arlington, VA; Graduated 1997
CLASSES: NOVA course: X-Ray Certification | American Red Cross: CPR, First Aid, AED
Qualified Dental Assistant, DATS School 2015
CLASSES: NOVA Leadership & Management Certificate
SKILLS: Language: Fluent Spanish; Word Processing: 50 WPM; MS Office, Excel, Power Point.
References available upon request